Night of Winners Basket Raffle
"Night of Winners" Basket RaffleSt. Matthias School
“Night of Winners” Basket Raffle
“Night of Winners” Basket Raffle “shore” was a success! The event held on Sat. February 10th raised nearly $37,000 for our school, all of which will benefit EVERY child in our school by supporting programs and materials that enhance our curriculum.
Thanks to the hard work of our committee and co-chairs Danielle Hanily and Christine Lavelle, the school cafeteria was transformed into an ocean setting with fantastic prizes including: park passes to Disney, a laptop computer, 60” Smart TV, gift cards to area restaurants, sporting events, shows and so much more (the complete program can be viewed here.) With over 310 people in attendance there were plenty of winners in the room! The family of Dalton V. in 7A were the lucky winners of the Super cash 50/50 bringing home $2,512.50. Thanks to all of our school families that attended, donated prizes, and participated in the super 50/50 contest! Our success relies heavily on your support!
In keeping with our call to be good stewards of our earth and to care for each other we will be making a donation to the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, NJ on behalf of the students and staff of St. Matthias School.
To view a list of our donors please click here. When you visit these establishments, please acknowledge their support of our school.
Thanks to our faculty for offering these priceless memories to the ever-growing “Teacher Auction”! Here are the lucky winners and their prizes:
- “Lunch pre-K Style” - Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Taylor will host 4 students to lunch from their favorite place: won by the Negvesky family
- “Getting to Know-the Sound of Music” - Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Taylor offered 2 VIP tickets for the SMS Drama production, with “backstage passes”, autographed copy of the program and a Cast Meet & Greet after the show: won by the Centalanzo family
- “Mystery in the Book Stacks” - take a “behind the scenes” tour of the Franklin Twp. Public Library with Mrs. Abbott, go on a scavenger hunt to find your “mystery book” prize: won by the Foley family
- “Popcorn and Pizza” - join the Kallenberg and Abbott families at a local pizzeria for Friday night pizza and taste test popcorn too: won by the Lewinski family
- “Lunch and Laughter” - join Mrs. Schnier and Mrs. Abbott will treat you to your choice of lunch and plenty of knock, knock jokes and riddles: won by the Weber family
- “Palette and Punch” - you and 4 friends can create an acrylic painting with Mrs. Chabra while enjoying a snack and glass of punch: won by the Ostrom family
- “Mini-Golf at Tamarack” - hit the links with Mrs. Nicoletti for a round of mini-golf: won by Boyke and Abbott families
- “Lunch with the Principal” - bring along 4 friends to share lunch with Ms. Brett: won by the Centolanzo family
- “Principal for the Day” - one lucky student will get to lead the school (with Ms Brett’s assistance) for the day: won by the Lynch family
- “Pizza and Ice Cream Lunch” - with Mr. Gidaro and 5 students: won by the Mazzeo family
- “Cookie Baking” - bake chocolate chip cookies with Mrs. Szabo: won by the Centolanzo family
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE 14th ANNUAL NIGHT OF WINNERS February 9, 2019
Special acknowledgment must be made to the following people. Without their help and support, this night would never have happened. On behalf of the children of St. Matthias School, WE THANK YOU!
Danielle Hanily & Christine Lavelle
Silva Andrews Peg Barbarite Dolores Bellof
Angelica Bender Jennifer Centolanza Amy Clarke
Silvana Dudajek Kathleen Foley Melissa Garlatti
Barbara Geib Judi Horvath Stephanie Pomales-James
Sue Kachurick Sheila Kurman Sue Lyons
Jessica Nichols Flora Obare Donna Ostrom
Michelle Pender Sheryl Rothman Dawn Smith
Dannette Terhune Amy Walsh Cassandre Williams
Projection: Pat Dillion
Counters: Denise Sawicki, Florence Tedesco, Tom Fullerton, Bart Howley
Parking & Security: Knights of Columbus
Director of School Development & Marketing: Beth Lubowicki
8TH Grade SMS Student Ambassadors: Katie G, Emily A, Elizabeth H, Emily M, Alex K, Hailey C, Brian Z, Chelsea E, Denise G, Nick G, Shannon F, Erin G, Erin Z, Altis S, Joseph V, Dominic M, Tara L, Jack W, Richard W, Morgan L and Vincent A.
Alumna Volunteer: Skyler Scioscia
Sincere thanks to the many Parent and Faculty Volunteers who supported us tonight.
Special thanks to Rev. Douglas Haefner-Pastor, Ms. Eileen Brett-Principal, and Mr. Joseph Gidaro-Vice-Principal for their unending support and dedication to St. Matthias School.