"Please read our Annual Fund letter for 2020-2021 from Fr. Abraham and Principal Elena Malinconico"
Tax-deductible donations to the Annual Fund are accepted each year July 1 through June 30.
Every gift, regardless of size, is important and greatly appreciated.
Why is the Annual Fund necessary?
- Retaining our teachers is very important to us. Their love of God, teaching, and your children is evident everyday. Our teacher’s salaries fall below what public school teachers are paid. With your help, the Annual Fund can help us to compensate them at a closer level.
- Increases in tuition are unavoidable due to the increases in cost of living. We hope to keep that increase as low as possible. Annual Fund donations are tax-deductible. Tuition is not.
- We need to make financial assistance available to those within our Parish who would like to choose catholic education for their children, but financially can’t afford to.
- Capital Improvements are continually needed. Projects that lay ahead include updating the electrical components and updating the cafeteria including a ventilation system and fire suppression system.
Make your gift by check
(mail to: 168 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Somerset, NJ 08873, or place in the collection basket)
donate online at www.ParishGiving.org.
Please make checks payable to “St. Matthias School Annual Fund.”
- Many companies offer current and retired employees a Matching Gift Program which could double your gift to St. Matthias School. Check with your Human Resources Department to see if this program is available.
- Gifts to SMS are a great way to remember a special person in your life on their Birthday, Anniversary, All Souls Day, and during the Holidays.
Thank you for your participation and for continuing to believe in the mission
of St. Matthias School.
"Last year, we are especially thrilled to formally announce our new Innovation Center Initiative. The Innovation Center will be housed where our Library and Media Center currently exist. The Center will promote an interactive style of learning where our students’ creativity and natural curiosity will lead the way in learning. Rather than the rote learning and memorization that many of us experienced as students years ago, St. Matthias students will learn in the Innovation Center by experimenting, taking risks, exploring, and collaborating."
"The Center will include several age-appropriate areas to challenge and thrill our students in all grades. From our youngest learners building with Legos and K’nex, to older students creating new products to serve a specific purpose, our students will learn by doing. The MakerSpace, a part of our Center, will encourage creativity and fun in the learning process."