Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 2:15 pm
*Beginning September 2018 - Monday through Friday 8:05 am to 2:30 pm
The Pre-Kindergarten department at St. Matthias School offers a full-day 4-year old program, Monday through Friday. Parents are encouraged to be a part of our school day by helping in the cafeteria at lunch and on the playground at recess. Students must be toilet trained and ready for a learning environment. Development of social skills is central to our Pre-Kindergarten program as well as preparing the students for their life-long spiritual journey and success in our Kindergarten program.
Specific to our Pre-Kindergarten 4 year old class:
- The daily routine is both academically challenging and developmentally appropriate for this age group. Students are actively involved and discover education through experience as carefully planned by the faculty.
- St. Matthias School follows the Core Curriculum guidelines set forth by the Diocese of Metuchen in keeping with NJ State Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards.
- Students are evaluated throughout the year to benchmark learning milestones and development. Parents have the opportunity to conference with the teacher twice yearly.
- Our full-day curriculum offers instruction in Religion, Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. In addition, “Specials” are offered once a week and they include instruction Music and Library.
- Parents or caregivers are responsible for transportation to and from School, per Franklin Township.
- *Beginning in September 2018 - Students are requested to wear the gym uniform (Click here for our uniform guidelines.) “Spirit Wear” can be purchased through the school website. Footwear should be suitable for running, jumping, climbing, sitting on floor, dancing, and creating works of art.
- Before School and After School Program is available. Before School is from 6:45am-7:45am. After School runs from 2:30-6:00pm. For rates see here.
We encourage you to visit the Teacher homework pages for a closer look at daily life in our Pre-K 4.