*My email address if you ever need to reach me: email@example.com
-Please make sure to fill out the Pinpoint health questions for your child each morning.
-Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we must keep our classroom windows open. Your child may want to bring a uniform sweater or jacket to wear in the classroom.
-Bring a snack to school everyday! Please also make sure your child has water to drink in a bottle as the water fountains are not in use due to COVID restrictions.
*Homework should be completed every day.
*Students should read a minimum of 20 minutes every night.
*Also, it is good practice to review math facts up to 20 as well as grade level Dolch sight words. A Dolch sight word list will be given to each student.*
Dear SMS Families,Welcome back and greetings from the SMS Library!Students will not physically be going to the library this year, but we are still going to circulate books among our students regularly and safely. This process is new, and it may change over time, but here's is how it looks as we begin the 20-21 school year:
- GoNoodle is a great way for students to move around and have fun! It's awesome fun for the whole family! click on this site and have fun!! www.gonoodle.com/goodenergy
- Here is a great emagazine for children to visit to learn about current events: timeforkids.com. There are alot of great articles to read for Science & Social Studies. Happy Reading and enjoy the articles!
- Scholastic Learn At Home link. Each week there are 5 books that the children can watch/listen to, read online, and do an activity. There is also a related video. Choose the level for second grade.
The link is:
Checkouts are for one week. Students will return their books on library day. I will collect them in bins on library day and take the bins to the library for sanitizing. Students may renew if they wish. Books will be sanitized before they are reshelved and recirculated.Thanks for your cooperation and for encouraging your student to read, read and read some more. Should you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students will not physically be coming to the library this year, but they WILL be able to check out books to read every week.
- Students will place holds (reserve) books using their computers (instructions follow). I will pull the holds for each class the afternoon before their library day, place them on a cart and deliver them to the students in their classroom during their library period.
- Library periods will be 39 minutes with a combination of lessons, read-alouds, and independent reading.
- Students in Grades K-2 may check out one book per week provided that their patron account is clear. Students in grades 3-8 may check out up to 2 books each week as long as their patron account is clear.
- There are many resources on my website to help students to make great book choices.
- Parents of the younger students can place holds for them.
- Holds must be placed by noon the day before Library class. In the event that there is a day off the day before library class, the noon deadline is the last school day before library class. If a hold is placed after the noon deadline the day before class, the books will not be delivered until the following week.
.Best regards,Mrs. Lanzalotto
***Specific instructions with pictures on how to "Hold a Library book on Destiny" can be found in Documents on my Teacher Website***
❄️Homework for Friday February 26th, 2021❄️
Crazy Sock & Hat Day - Tuesday, 3/2
Read-A-Thon - If you haven't done so already, please sign your child up for the Read - A - Thon by Monday, March 1!! All donations are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
❄️Parents, please remind children to place a Library book hold by Friday each week per the request of Mrs. Lanzalotto.
❄️When typing assignments into google classroom, please be sure to click "TURN IN" when finished not share.
❄️EPIC CLASS CODE: yqc6691
❄️Scholastic Books- 2B's Class Code to order online is: WC92F
Telling Time Math Game: https://www.mathgames.com/time
ABCYa Telling Time Game: https://www.abcya.com/games/telling_time
❄️Reading- Read for 20 min and Log.
❄️Writing- Topic: Why do we celebrate Black History Month? Why is it so important? due 2/26.
❄️Science- Virtual students please take a picture of Unit 2 Lesson 1 Check
❄️Social Studies- Quiz Monday 2/29. Study the notes on Seasons in your Social Studies notebook.