*My email address if you ever need to reach me: email@example.com
*Homework should be completed every day.
*Students should read a minimum of 20 minutes every night.
*Also, it is good practice to review math facts up to 20 as well as grade level Dolch sight words. A Dolch sight word list will be given to each student.*
Dear SMS Families,Welcome back and greetings from the SMS Library!Students will not physically be going to the library this year, but we are still going to circulate books among our students regularly and safely. This process is new, and it may change over time, but here's is how it looks as we begin the 20-21 school year:
- GoNoodle is a great way for students to move around and have fun! It's awesome fun for the whole family! click on this site and have fun!! www.gonoodle.com/goodenergy
- Here is a great emagazine for children to visit to learn about current events: timeforkids.com. There are alot of great articles to read for Science & Social Studies. Happy Reading and enjoy the articles!
- Scholastic Learn At Home link. Each week there are 5 books that the children can watch/listen to, read online, and do an activity. There is also a related video. Choose the level for second grade.
The link is:
Checkouts are for one week. Students will return their books on library day. I will collect them in bins on library day and take the bins to the library for sanitizing. Students may renew if they wish. Books will be sanitized before they are reshelved and recirculated.Thanks for your cooperation and for encouraging your student to read, read and read some more. Should you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students will not physically be coming to the library this year, but they WILL be able to check out books to read every week.
- Students will place holds (reserve) books using their computers (instructions follow). I will pull the holds for each class the afternoon before their library day, place them on a cart and deliver them to the students in their classroom during their library period.
- Library periods will be 39 minutes with a combination of lessons, read-alouds, and independent reading.
- Students in Grades K-2 may check out one book per week provided that their patron account is clear. Students in grades 3-8 may check out up to 2 books each week as long as their patron account is clear.
- There are many resources on my website to help students to make great book choices.
- Parents of the younger students can place holds for them.
- Holds must be placed by noon the day before Library class. In the event that there is a day off the day before library class, the noon deadline is the last school day before library class. If a hold is placed after the noon deadline the day before class, the books will not be delivered until the following week.
.Best regards,Mrs. Lanzalotto
***Specific instructions with pictures on how to "Hold a Library book on Destiny" can be found in Documents on my Teacher Website***
🦃Homework for Tuesday November 25th, 2020🦃
🦃Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will see all of you bright and early Monday for virtual learning. I can’t wait! :)
🦃Parents, please remind children to place a Library book hold by Friday each week per the request of Mrs. Lanzalotto.
🦃When typing assignments into google classroom, please be sure to click "TURN IN" when finished not share.
🦃EPIC CLASS CODE: yqc6691 (An invitation to join the 2B Class has been sent to all parents via email.)
🦃Scholastic Books- 2B's Class Code to order online is: WC92F
🦃Religion- Practice Prayers (Found under prayers on my teacher home page).
🦃Reading- Read for 20 min and Log in your Reading Log