My Home Page
Respect Life Poster ContestWe have been contacted by the Diocesan Office for Respect Life in regard to their Annual Art Contest to support life issues.The students are asked to draw a picture that responds to the following:
• Jesus said, “Love one another just as I have loved you.”
• Even though we look very different from each other, Jesus loves us all the same.
• He wants all of us to love each other no matter the color of our skin or the language we speak.
• You do not have to look a certain way to be holy like the saints.
• How can we do as Jesus has asked us and love others who look different from us?
• How can we celebrate our differences?The poster contest is open to students in grades 1 through 8.The drawings should be in bright colors using 8 1/2 x 11 white poster board. All drawings must pertain to the “Respect Life” theme, may contain some words and should be freehand. Do not use magazine pictures or computer-generated drawings.St. Matthias School will be asked to select a first prize winner from each grade and submit posters to the Diocese for judging.On the Diocesan level, 2 winners will be selected for each grade.Winning posters will be published in a Respect life Calendar and winners will be invited to an Awards Mass/Luncheon at the St. John Neumann Pastoral Center in Piscataway.All first place winners will receive a $50.00 prize. Parents/guardians of contest winners will be contacted either by email, mail, or phone.Drawings will be judged based on grade level, creativity, clarity of message and visual appeal.Drawings are due in the school office on Friday, February 1. Entry blanks may be filled out in the school office.
Please keep the 2 textbooks and workbooks covered and bring in your supplies each day.
Thank you.Homeroom Reminders1) Please remember to check your supplies often.2) Tissues- Keep a supply of tissues and an empty baggie in your backpack.3) Bring a snack on half days.4) 5B Specials:Monday- GymTuesday- ArtWednesday- MusicThursday- SpanishFriday-Computers